Pregnancy is an amazing time of a woman’s life but along with it comes with changes to your body, your emotions and energy levels.
Massage during pregnancy focuses on the special needs of the Mother–to-be as her body goes through these changes. It enhances the function of muscles and joints, improves circulation and general body tone, and relieves mental and physical fatigue.
It can help you find relieve from some of the symptoms of pregnancy such as: -
- Backache – by gentle massage we can release some of the tension in the muscles caused by the changes in your posture
- Sciatica – as your baby grows this can press on the nerve causing the classic pain in the bottom and down the back of the leg. Massage can help relieve the pressure on the nerve
- SPD or PGP – are caused by ligaments and joints softening in preparation for the birth but if this happens too early in the pregnancy it can cause pain and can be debilitating. Massage can assist with the releasing of endorphins which is the body’s natural pain relief
- Headaches & migraines – some women suffer from theses during pregnancy, which is caused by hormone changes, stress and neck & shoulder tension from changes in posture. Massage can help relieve the tension in tight muscles and improve the circulation and reduce your stress levels
- Carpal Tunnel - is a common condition during pregnancy, affecting up to 50% of pregnant women. It is thought that this may be due to the fluid retention that often occurs during pregnancy, which places additional pressure on the carpal tunnel and causes symptoms.
- Circulation – as it is working twice as hard as it normally would, this means leg cramps, oedema (swelling in the ankles and hands) can be common symptoms of late pregnancy. Massage can be very helpful in helping to boost circulation and encouraging lymph to move around the body, helping to remove toxins and reduce swelling
- Poor sleep pattern – as your body changes it can be difficult to get enough rest because of aches & pains, the need to pee a lot and stress symptoms. Massage has a soothing effect of the nerves, reduces tension on tight muscles and induces a calming effect on your brain allowing you to get the rest you need
Please contact Alison for further details.